Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October in a Nutshell

Well it seems like the month of October was here and gone in a flash! I cant believe we're already in November... and only 7 weeks away from Christmas!!!!
MONTHLY PICTURES

I think Alyssa is getting use to this whole getting her pictures taken every month. And I'm finally getting her whole schedule down so that when we get there she's not tired, hungry or cranky! So this 4 month session worked out pretty well!

Here's the baby with her little vans on... how cute are those?
And here is my big girl! The people at the Picture People actually asked me if they could use this photo in their store... I was so proud! :o)

THE NEW ADDITION!
My cousin Jenny had her 4th baby, a little girl named Riley Jean on October 9th, she was 5lbs 14oz and 18 1/4inches long. She is such a pretty little baby!

NEW THINGS IN THE WORLD OF ALYSSA
As of October 1st at Alyssa's 4 month appointment my little chunky monkey was 14lbs 6oz and was 25inches long. The doctor said he doesn't think she'll be in the land of the littles like her mom! Her head on the other hand is in the 90% range... she definitely inherited that trait from the Honda family!
Grandma Nance bought a little tiny bench for Alyssa and she loves to sit on it and hang out outside with her Gram. I don't know what they're going to do when the weather starts getting bad!
Jeff and I finally put together her baby Einstein activity center(from Auntie Janie and Cousin Amanda.) We weren't sure how she liked it at first but now she sit in it for hours and just plays and talks to all the little characters!
I caught her babaling away and she was surprised when I snapped a picture of her!

We aren't quite sure what color hair this kid is going to have!?!?! But as you can see it's getting a little longer! It can hold a bow (YAHOO) all by itself. Her eyes are still bright blue, and I've got my fingers crossed that they stay that way!

We've also introduced Alyssa to the wonderful world of solids and oh boy does she LOVE to eat! She gets super excited and towards the end I give her the spoon and she'll try and put it in her mouth and get just a little bit more!

She LOVES mom's blackberry! I think it's the bright screen that's similar to the TV. We also went out and got her a bunch of flashy toys that play all kinds of music and she loves them!

Alyssa is also reading at the 3rd grade level now... just kidding. She was checking out a card that was sent to her from her Aunt Judy and Uncle Hal in Florida.

THE PICTURE PEOPLE... AGAIN
You cant not get their first Halloween pictures taken right? Well here is Alyssa in her cowardly lion costume. She loves to stand up so she was having a good time here!
Here is a close up of cute little face!
THE PUMPKIN PATCH
So Jeff and I decided to attack the pumpkin patch the weekend before Halloween. Yes the weekend when all the crazies go out and try and get their pumpkin at the last minute. We decided to go to Uesugi farms in Morgan Hill. This is where I had gone a few times as a kid so thought it would be a great place. Little did I know that over the past 10 years the place has gone from mom and pops pumpkin patch to a full on amusement park! We did have fun, despite the HOT weather and the hundreds of people!
Here's Alyssa picking out some pumpkins
MY LITTLE COUSIN TURNS 18!!!
On October 28th my little cousin Courtney turned 18!! I cant believe she is an ADULT now! In addition to this big milestone birthday it was also her last high school volleyball game at Kennedy and her last time playing with her sister there!Cousin Jenny (with Alyssa and Kelsey) and her clan also came out to wish Courtney a Happy Birthday and to watch her last game
Alyssa and crazy Auntie Shaw watching the game. She was getting a kick out of all Aunties screaming!
The Fine girls and Alyssa after their game
The Birthday Girl and Alyssa!
And here is me and my cousin Ben... how cute is he??
HALLOWEEN
Our Halloween kinda flew by. Jeff and I both worked and then we jammed home got the baby dressed and went over to Sheree's sister in laws house for a party. We were going to go out and do a little trick or treating, but since it started raining on our way over there and the kids were on their way back we said forget it! I was a little disappointed because I had bought myself a Dorothy costume and Jeff a Scarecrow costume and I wanted a family picture... but it just didn't work out. Jeff was able to wear his costume - it was GREAT! I'll post the pictures up here as soon as I get them on my computer!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

I heart B Alyssa! She is soooooo stinken cute. I want to kiss her cheeks........Oh wait I do all the time.